List blogs are the most useless kind of blogs. This is turning into a list blog.
- Woke up and moaned and lay about in bed for a bit with cramps
- Decided that it wasn’t the most effective coping mechanism, cursed my period and dragged myself out of bed to go brush teeth and eat fresh fruit and a fried egg
- Rolled around in bed and finished reading Uncle Dynamite. I wish I had an Uncle Fred.
- Texted the boyfriend saying that I had found a brilliant substitution for ‘fuck’. It is ‘dickens’ 😀 Sample: What the dickens? The dickens? How the dickens? Only ‘ the dickens-ing ‘ sounds a bit clunky but ohwell. One step closer to being a real lady, one without a pottymouth.
- Decided that I will BE PRODUCTIVE.
Today I plan to:
Commence my first actual day of work with an NGO, where I will go spend time with the children of prostitutes in Calcutta’s oldest red light district, Kalighat. Kiss my boyfriend.
- Make headway on my work term report which has been plaguing me like a bad case of the measles.
- Sign up for my fifth class
- Explore employment opportunities for the fall term in gray Waterloo
- Meet the gramps.
Return home early enough to avoid the wrath of the parentals Make progress with reading one of the many books I have borrowed and decorated my windowsill with Meet best friend number 2.
Update: While I evidently avoided being terribly productive, I also:
- Brought the boyfriend home. He met the entire clan
- Started reading The Invention of Morel
- Managed to traumatize my phone to such an extent that it stopped sending outgoing messages in the middle of a conversation about the exact location of the urethra